Frequently Asked Questions

Will I be working in a hospital?

Yes. All of our clients are either hospitals or staffing agencies that place foreign nurses in hospital positions.

How long will the process take for me to arrive and become eligible to work in the U.S.?

It depends on several factors. To be eligible to come to the U.S., you will need to clear several exams and a number of immigration hurdles. Generally speaking, we suggest that the entire process takes approximately 12-18 months from the time you are accepted by one of our clients; however that timeframe can be longer or shorter depending on:

  • How many of the required exams you have already passed when entering the program
  • How diligently you work through the training programs for the remaining exams you need to clear
  • How accessible you are for the scheduling of exams
  • How quickly you supply all the documentation required for the immigration process
  • How quickly the immigration/consulate processes your paperwork

How long will my contractual commitment be?

Your contract will vary by client, but it will generally be 2-3 years.

Can I pick the State to work in?

You may provide your desired work locations (i.e. top 3 States), and every attempt will be made to accommodate your request. However, you must be prepared to work anywhere in the U.S. to join our program. Remember, the needs of a client may be very different when you are hired as compared to their needs when you are ready to work in the U.S.

What shifts will I work?

All shifts are a possibility. The client’s needs may require you to fill openings for night positions.

Will I be paid the same as U.S. workers?

Yes. You will be paid at least the prevailing wage, according to the U.S. Department of Labor, for your position in the geographical location that you end up working.

Can I work in the U.S. permanently or do I need to return to my home country?

You will have the opportunity to work in the U.S. permanently. Our program is a green card process which entitles you and your spouse and children under age 21 to a green card. Typically, within about 5 years, you will be eligible to become a U.S. citizen.

What will I need to pay for during this process?

We or our client will fund nearly all of your expenses if you are offered a position in our program. Your investment will primarily be your investment in time and hard work to ensure you are diligent about your studies, your continued employment during the process, and presenting us with all the documentation in a timely manner. You will need to pay the immigration and travel costs for your spouse and eligible dependents, and we do not pay for your costs to/from interview sites or to test review centers.

Should I bring my spouse and children with me when I first travel to the U.S.?

While this is totally up to you, we strongly recommend that you travel to the U.S. on your own so that you can settle into your new environment and position without the added stress of your family’s adjustment to moving to a new country. Of course, it will be financially easier for you and your family if they come after you have been earning a salary for a period of time.